Information About Your Rent

Here you will find information and answers to commonly asked rent questions.  If you cannot find the answer you are looking for, please get in touch for further advice and assistance.

Contact Us

Your Rent and Charges Explained

Rent, rates and where applicable, service charges, will be taken from your tenancy start date, which is detailed within your tenancy agreement. Rent is charged to your account every Monday and there are a range of payment methods available to you. 

We will aim to send you rent statements at least every 6 months, which will outline all charges made and payments received.  We will give you a period of 4 weeks’ notice of any rent changes.

Ark Housing also collects your rates together with your rent on behalf of Land and Property Services and these may be subject to annual increases. We will give you reasonable notice of any increase.   For more information on your rent and charges, please click onto your Tenant Portal or contact the Housing Team by email to or by calling 028 9075 2310.


Day to day repairs

Planned maintenance

Major improvements

Redecoration of communal areas

Management costs

Lift servicing

Service Charges

Grass cutting/grounds maintenance

Cleaning of communal areas

Heat/light of communal areas

Fire safety and security

Legionella testing

Service charges will depend upon which Scheme it is.  This is not an exhaustive list, however a detailed breakdown is provided on an annual basis to all tenants paying for service charges.

How Do I Pay My Rent?

There are several ways in which you can pay your rent: 

Pay Online

You can pay your rent online using the Allpay website.

Pay My Rent

Post Office / Pay Point

You can pay your rent at any Post Office or PayPoint, with cash or debit card. Please ensure that you bring your AllPay rent card with you, as it has your rent details on it.

Direct Debit

You can request a Direct Debit form from your Housing Officer, or download a form here. Please print, complete and send to our Head Office for authorization. If you wish to amend or cancel your direct debit, please contact your Housing Officer.

 Housing Benefit

If you are in receipt of Universal Benefit or another benefit, you may be entitled to full or part housing benefit which will be paid directly to the Association. However, you will still be responsible for paying any top up amount due, in respect of rent or other charges not covered by housing benefit.

Universal Credit

Universal Credit is a payment for people over 18 but under State Pension age who are on a low income or out of work. In some circumstances you can claim if you are 16 or 17, in full-time training or a full-time student. 

Check If I Am Eligible For Universal Credit

I Am Having Difficulty Paying My Rent, What Should I Do?

If you are having any difficulties in paying your rent or have any concerns, please contact us as soon as possible.

Contact Us

Or alternatively, you can email us at or phone 028 9075 2310.

There are also a number of external agencies, as detailed below, which you can contact for financial advice:

Housing Rights         

or phone 028 9024 5640

 Advice NI        

or phone 0800 917 4607 

Is There Any Help Available to Pay My Rent?

You may be entitled to some financial assistance in paying your rent if you are unemployed or on a low income.  For more information contact housing using our contact form. 

Contact Us 

Or alternatively, you can email us at or phone 028 9075 2310.

Further Benefits Entitlement Information and Advice Links

Housing Rights     

or phone 028 9024 5640

Benefit Calculator

UC Website

My Recent Transactions

Login or register to view your recent transactions