Listed below are useful telephone numbers and websites where you can access the latest health and benefits information during this pandemic.DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH – COVID-19 APP
- The new app is dedicated to providing people across Northern Ireland with immediate advice and links to vital trusted information. The app is available to all individuals who are currently residing in Northern Ireland and you can use it to get advice for yourself, or on behalf of someone else you would like to help.
- To download the Covid-19 NI app—search for Covid-19 NI on the Apple app store and on Google play.
- You can either ring 111 for information or advice or contact the NHS Online They will help you decide if you need to contact your GP. You can also contact them online
PUBLIC HEALTH AGENCY NI
Get the latest information and advice on COVID-19, including looking after yourself, physically and mentally from the Public Health Agency, Northern Ireland
COMMUNITY HELPLINE – 0808 802 0020
A freephone helpline to help those in vulnerable groups to access information, advice and guidance in relation to COVID-19 is open 9.00 am to 5.00pm, seven days a week. The helpline is local to Northern Ireland and is managed by Advice NI. You can also get in touch by email at email@example.com or by texting ACTION to 81025
MENTAL HEALTH – LIFELINE
Should you currently be feeling distressed or overwhelmed with the current situation please note that people in Northern Ireland can call Lifeline on 0808 808 8000
Lifeline is the Northern Ireland crisis response helpline service for people who are experiencing distress or despair. No matter what your age or where you live in Northern Ireland, if you are or someone you know is in distress or despair, Lifeline is here to help.
BENEFITS AND SOCIAL SECURITY
To make sure that you are getting all the benefits, services and supports that you are entitled to, contact the Department for Communities at NIDirect which provides information if you are claiming benefits or considering claiming benefits during the COVID-19 Pandemic:
You should check the above link regularly as it will be updated with the latest advice
- Advice NI ‘Welfare Changes’ hotline can be contacted on: 0808 8020020
- Advice NI also have a debt advice service: 08000 281881
If you have lost your job due to the crisis, call the Freephone Benefits Check: 0800 232 1271